This versatile recipe is ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It takes about 1 hour to prepare with a yield of 4 servings. It can be served as a side with your choice of main dishes.
- 8 average size irish potatoes
- 4 slices of bacon
- ⅓ cup of shredded cheese
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of parsley
- ½ teaspoon of paprika*
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder*
- Peel the irish potatoes and slice them into small cubes.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. *Paprika and onion powder can also be added as optional ingredients.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat, once heated, add the slices of bacon and cook to your desired level of crispiness.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain its oil onto the potatoes. Set aside the bacon and slice it into your desired size of cuts.
- Mix the potatoes evenly in the bacon oil and then place them on a baking sheet lined with aluminium foil.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) then put the potatoes in the oven to cook for 40 minutes.
- Once ready, remove the potatoes from the baking sheet and place them in the skillet, mix in the cheese, parsley and bacon slices and allow it to cook on low heat for 4 minutes.
- Serve as a main dish or side dish with your choice of main dish.