Mashed potatoes is one of the tastiest and easiest meals to prepare. It can be served as a main or side meal and paired with a range of ingredients to add flavor. This recipe incorporates garlic and cheese to give fluffy spicy mashed potatoes. It takes approximately 25 minutes to prepare with a yield of 4 servings.
- 6 average size Irish potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoons of salt
- 2 cups (480 ml) of water
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of whole milk
- Black pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes, slice them and place in a saucepan. Add the garlic, salt and water, cover and boil on medium to high heat.
- Once the potatoes have softened, drain the water and add butter, cheese and milk
- Mash the potatoes until a fluffy mix is achieved.
- Serve with black pepper to taste and your choice of meat or vegetable.